12 Points at a Glance
- Visit to clients house to discuss requirements, measure up, followed by free written estimate.
- On agreed estimate the architect will draw up a full set of plans to be approved by client and then submitted to local authority for approval.
- On agreed date of commencement works scaffolding will be erected.
- Works will commence with all building materials to be used taken up from the outside through the roof.
- The steels and floor will be installed first which is then inspected and passed by the local authority building inspector.
- The dormer, walls, roof work, windows and insulation etc. will be erected which is then inspected and passed by the local authority building inspector.
- All first fix plumbing and electrics will be installed and then all ceilings and walls will be plaster boarded.
- Cut out ceiling and fit new loft staircase.
- All ceilings, walls, etc are plastered to a smooth finish.
- Second fix works begin including bathroom suite, radiators, lights, plug points, doors, skirting and architraves to client’s satisfaction.
- Final inspection by the local authority building inspector.
- Removal of scaffolding.
Then the client will receive the completion certificate from the local authority.